Disclaimer: My beliefs aren’t set in stone. Everything I post on my website is subject to change :)
I’m Ethan Benjamin, a Computer Science student from Canada. I use this website as a public journal. My goal is to create a collection of thoughts that expresses who I am.
Currently: Last Updated March 20th 2021
- Working as a Software Engineer Intern at Trellis
- Taking Intro to Software Engineering, Energy and Sustainability, and Natural History at Carleton University
- Planning a summer in Montreal
- Writing to challenge my beliefs and stretch my thinking
Core Values & Beliefs:
- Pay it forward: People in my life have guided me through many challenges and uncertainties. Paying it forward is the best way to help others and appreciate what people have done for me.
- Comparison is the thief of joy: The internet has made it so much more convenient to compare ourselves to one another. Recognizing this fact is liberating.
- People make the world special: The best moments I have are correlated to the friends that I experience it with. I live to connect with people in meaningful ways.
- The most fulfilling experiences are difficult: Hardships and challenges are what make achieving something fulfilling.
Favourite and Noteworthy Posts
- Weak Ties - What important relationships are often overlooked?
- Comparison is the Thief of Joy - Life is too short to make comparisons.
- Why Computer Science? - Why I chose to major in computer science during my undergrad.
- First Year Advice - What did I find useful during my first year of university?
- Community Living - The importance of surrounding yourself with inspiring people.
- The Second Generation Advantage - What advantage do children of immigrants share?
- Internship Reflection - Reflecting on negative thoughts and feelings that occur during a recruiting season.
- Feeling Too Late - Is anyone too late to start something new?
- Internal vs External Growth - The importance of internal growth.